Must be available for at least 1 full camp, 1-week M-F, between June - Aug
Wranglers (Camp Counsellor)
Wranglers are the Zajac Ranch for Children cabin counsellors. For each camp session you'll be responsible for a small group of children with special medical needs. This rewarding position allows you to interact daily and develop a rapport with children with a wide variety of challenges.
Wrangler Main Responsibilities:
- Serving as a role model and support.
- Assist campers in having a safe, fun and enjoyable session.
- Lead campers to and from activities while providing constant encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide supervision and assistance in all aspects of the camper's daily routine, including but is not limited to: meals, cabin clean-up, camper hygiene, rest hour, scheduled medication times, and behaviour management.
- Work with your co-counsellors to create a cabin team that will best meet the needs of your campers.
- Assist in and facilitate all camp programs with assigned staff (i.e. evening programs, campfires, theme days, etc.)
Ranger Positions Available:
Lifeguard: a Ranger with NLS qualifications to act as a Life Guard at our lakefront dock and indoor swimming pool.
Canoe and Kayak a Ranger with NLS qualifications and canoeing and kayaking experience to teach campers how to canoe and kayak at our waterfront.
High Ropes Course a Ranger team to lead campers through our high ropes course and climbing wall. Previous ropes course/team building experience an asset. Mandatory site-specific training will be provided.
Arts & Crafts a creative Ranger to facilitate with arts and crafts projects.
Archery & outdoor education a nature-loving Ranger to lead campers in outdoor pursuits including: archery orienteering, campfire building and other similar programs.
Equestrian a Ranger team with experience working with horses to help care for the horses and other animals and ensure that campers have a safe and fun time during program.
free accommodation and meals during camp sessions
· Discounted or free food
· On-site gym
· On-site parking
· Day shift
· Night shift
· On call
· Weekend availability (optional)
· Live-in position
· Are you fully vaccinated?
· Are you capable of passing a clear criminal record check for the vulnerable sector?
· First Aid Certification (an asset)
Interested individuals should apply directly on the website: https://zajacranch.campbrainstaff.com/
© 2023 BC Camps Association