Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
Outdoor Adventure Kamp (OAK) is what we at Evans Lake call our back country hiking program.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all OAK campers
- Exude a love & interest for out-tripping, outdoor recreation, and the forest ecosystems we explore & inhabit
- With a second OAK Instructor, lead engaging and safe out trips (must be able to hike up to 20 km/day carrying a pack of up to 50lbs), including on-the-trail Eco Fun lessons and activities
- Teach the proper use of all out-tripping equipment and promote self-sufficiency among campers
- Ensure that all required equipment is ready for use and liaise with senior staff when repairs are necessary
- Model proper pre-trip planning, preparation, and safety measures
- Work Transport Bus stops from metro Vancouver/ Squamish as needed
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. cleaning cabins and program areas)
Required certifications and experience
- Staff training: June 24th-28th.
- OAK session dates - July 16th-21st
- - August 6th–11th
- - August 13th–18th
- OAK Instructors may take on other roles on our team throughout the summer, such as Instructor or LIT Instructor
- Applicants must have an 80+ hour wilderness first aid certificate.
- Preference may be given to candidates who also hold an NL lifeguarding certificate
- A combination of experience and certifications suitable for the week’s trip (e.g. outdoor recreation & leadership)
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date.
- Compensation begins at $135/day, with an increase of up to $7/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board is also included when programs are in session.
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, value the inclusion of all members of our community, and strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB