Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- Deliver outdoor skills and environmental education courses; ensure forest themes are integrated into programs
- Assist with the planning & delivery of staff training, Open House, and camp programming
- Lead hikes and outtrips (must be able to hike up to 15kms carrying a pack of up to 50lbs)
- Demonstrate positive leadership for students and campers aged 8-16, as well as for the staff & visitors
- Provide supervisory support, feedback, and mentoring to volunteers, cabin leaders, and instructors
- Act as the program team lead when the Program Manager is not on shift • Work transport bus stops from metro Vancouver/ Squamish as needed
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. driving campers, staff, and/or supplies; cleaning program areas; admin duties)
- Instructor training - June 16th-18th, 2023.
- Senior Staff training - Dates to be determined.
- Staff Training - June 24th-28th, 2023
- Summer camp season - July 2nd through August 25th, 2023
- Preference may be given to candidates who can work groups beginning in late March/early April and extend through late October
Required Certifications & Experience
- A 35+hour Advanced First Aid certificate (e.g. Occupational First Aid Level II) or an NL lifeguarding certificate
- Class 5 driver’s license (experience driving a truck and trailer is an asset)
- Other experience and certifications are considered assets including a Class 4 Driver’s License, certifications in paddling, NL Lifeguarding, climbing and ropes, outdoor recreation and leadership, and education.
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date.
- Compensation begins at $145/day, with an increase of up to $8/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board is also included when programs are in session.
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, we value the inclusion of all members of our community, and we strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests