Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- Assist with the planning & delivery of staff training, Open House, and camp programming.
- Lead hikes and out trips (must be able to hike up to 15 km carrying a pack of up to 50lbs).
- Demonstrate positive leadership for campers aged 8-16, as well as for the staff & volunteers. • Provide supervisory support, feedback, and mentoring to volunteers, cabin leaders, and instructors.
- Act as the program team lead when the Program Manager is not on shift.
- Work transport bus stops from Metro Vancouver/ Squamish as needed
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. driving campers, staff, and/or supplies; cleaning program areas; admin duties)
Required Certifications & Experience
- Senior Staff Training – Dates to be determined
- Instructor Training – June 16th to 18th
- Staff Training – June 24th to 28th
- Summer Season- July 2nd through August 25th, 2023
- Preference may be given to candidates who can work rental groups beginning late MAR/early APR through late OCT
- A 35+hour Advanced First Aid certificate (e.g. Occupational First Aid Level II) or an NL lifeguarding certificate
- Additional certifications & licenses are considered to be assets, including a Class 4 driver’s license and certificates in paddling, first aid, lifeguarding, or outdoor recreation & leadership.
- Educational backgrounds with particular relevance include forestry and outdoor recreation, and education is an asset
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date.
- Compensation begins at $145/day, with an increase of up to $8/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board is also included when programs are in session.
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, value the inclusion of all members of our community, and strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB