Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- Responsible for the safety, well-being, and program planning of the campers in your assigned day camp group.
- Deliver outdoor and environmental education courses and integrate forest themes into all camp programming.
- Lead hikes and out trips (must be able to hike up to 15kms carrying a pack of up to 50lbs)
- Demonstrate positive leadership/mentorship for students and campers aged 6-16, other staff, & volunteers
- Provide basic first aid to campers in your group
- Assist with evening programming for Overnight Camp
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. driving camp vehicles; regular daily cleaning, working transport bus stop from metro Vancouver/ Squamish.)
- Staff Training: June 24th to 28th, 2023
- Summer season: July 2nd through August 25th, 2023
Required Certifications & Experience
- First Aid Certificate (at minimum, an 8-hour basic certificate that includes CPR)
- Additional certifications & licenses are considered to be assets, including a Class 4 driver’s license and certificates in paddling, first aid, lifeguarding, or outdoor recreation & leadership.
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date.
- Compensation begins at $125.20/day, with an increase of up to $6/day, according to experience and certifications.
- Free room and board is also provided when programs are in session.
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, we value the inclusion of all members of our community, and we strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located at Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)