· Design, deliver, and evaluate camp programs that meet the needs and interests of the camps target populations and ensure their delivery in a safe and quality manner.
· In conjunction with the management team, develop/review annually the Risk Management Plan, Crisis Management, Emergency Evacuation, and Emergency Procedures for Zajac Ranch.
· Conduct staff evaluations, camper evaluations, programming supplies inventory counts and control, and make recommendations for the following season.
· Adhere to and implement the policies and procedures of Zajac Ranch including health and safety policies,
· Create and update programming to keep in line with current trends and Zajac Ranch mission. Programming must cater to each group based on abilities, mobility, and health concerns.
· Coordinate with Registration Coordinator to plan and cater to the needs of each group.
· Assign campers and counselors to their housing and living groups.
· Oversee the daily operation of the summer medical camps including food service, programs, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
· Liaising with parents and group leaders before, during, and after their camp session.
· Administer and maintain complete records during the camp, including camper lists, daily attendance, health and medical forms, and incident or accident reports.
· Provide a written report at the end of each summer medical camp session.
· At the end of the summer, receive written evaluations from staff, prepare written evaluations of the staff for the personnel files, and prepare a written report for the Zajac Foundation office.
· Develop and maintain an effective evaluation system of all staff and programs.
· Develop and maintain an effective screening and referral process for reported child abuse, neglect, and accusation of misconduct.
· Work collaboratively with the Maintenance Facilitator, Nursing Director and Chef.
· Management / hosting of rental groups to ensure adequate staff and / or volunteers for programming and services, including food service.
· To ensure provision of exceptional customer service and hospitality to all guests.
· Assist in creating and monitoring the budget for the camp operations.
· Assist in the fundraising strategies for the camp program and facilities.
· Responsible for managing camp expenditures in your areas of responsibility within budget.
· Managing inventory and balancing/ordering inventory with camp sessions.
· Assist in maintaining the budget and inventory for all activity areas.
· Recruit staff based on camper enrollment and program management requirements.
· Interview and hire staff in discussion with the management team.
· Directly supervise, schedule, and coordinate Zajac Ranch staff including, but not limited to, the Assistant Camp Director, counselors, and any volunteers.
· Ensure the wellbeing and care of international volunteer gappers is met.
· Supervise and coordinate the activities of all Ranch staff and oversee their professional development and address any concerns or misconduct.
· Train, supervise, and evaluate seasonal and year-round staff. .
· Annually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
· Hold staff meetings on an as-needed basis to build team camaraderie, address issues and concerns, and to receive updates from all departments
· Assist with marketing Zajac Ranch as an off-season rental facility, including attending trade shows, school presentations, and promotional campaigns.
· Develop and support relationships in the community with medical groups, schools, churches, clubs and organizations, and other key players within the community.
· Perform any duties necessary to deliver outstanding customer service to the rental groups during our non-medical camp season, including scheduling and managing programming staff and volunteers.
- · Conduct other duties as required by the President or the Chairman.
Skills and Experience:
· Must be at least 25 years of age (per BC Camping Association Accreditation)
· Have a firm belief in the value of summer camp for children with special medical needs.
· Have experience working at summer camps.
· Experience delivering top-notch customer service.
· Have a college or university Degree in Recreation Management or a related discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must have a minimum of 5 years of camp management experience.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills, understanding, ability to be a positive role model, patience and self-control.
· Have a demonstrated ability in the recruitment and management of a camp staff team.
· Ability to plan, organize, and carry-out daily, weekly and special programs.
· Ability to supervise and evaluate staff, volunteers, and campers.
· Must have experience with managing budgets.
· Experience with developmental disabilities, special needs, and behavioural management.
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to proactively manage multiple work tasks in a timely manner.
· Ability to act under pressure and keep a clear head.
· Must have own transportation, possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to live on site year-round
· Have computer skills and data management experience, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. CampBrain experience would be an asset
· Hold valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C or the ability to obtain. Occupational First Aid Level 4 would be an asset
· Possess and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
$55,000 - $60,000 per annum
If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org